Surgery Scheduler in Dallas, TX
Job Title: Surgery Scheduler
Req No.: 2021-008
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Job Category: Administration
Reports To: Practice Manager/Administrator
Description: Responsibilities include, but not limited to scheduling patients for surgery, tests, referrals, medical and cardiac clearance, pre‐op tests and review meds and health history as needed.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule providers at multiple hospitals and surgery facilities
- Work closely with scheduling physicians and physician managers to administer the daily and on-call schedules.
- Notify necessary physicians, operating room personnel and other scheduling staff of any cancellations or added cases.
- Confirm cases and ensure efficient scheduling of cases to maximize productivity.
- Ensure insurance verification has taken place by surgery facility.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' surgery scheduling experience
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of health care planning and/or process management and operations experience.
- Must have the capability to work under minimal supervision and maintain detailed organization in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle high volume and stressful situation in a calm and professional manner.
- Has the ability to set priorities and work independently while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Communications: Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps
others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own
actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
Planning & Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to
excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Use of Technology: Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office and/or clinical environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any
other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.