Physician Assistant Needed in Garland, TX
FLSA Class: Exempt
Job Category: Professional
Reports to: Practice Administrator
Summary Description: Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor degree required
- Master’s Physician Assistant program preferred
Licenses & Certification:
- Physician Assistant License, State Licensing Board. Maintain current BLS, CPR, First Aid or other certifications required of position.
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Clinical Skills
- Informing Others
- Medical Teamwork
- Physiological Knowledge
- Bedside Manner
- Infection Control
- Administering Medication
- Pain Management
Microsoft Office Suite; EMR systems.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Accepts criticism and feedback. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Communication - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance, Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.