Ultrasound Technician in Dallas, TX
FLSA Class: Non exempt
Department: Client Relations
Job Category: Technical
Reports to: Practice Manager
Summary Description: The Ultrasound Technician performs basic to advanced cardiac ultrasound services and procedures for adult patients such as transthoracic, transesophageal and stress. They must be familiar with approved clinical protocols for each type of cardiovascular ultrasound examination performed and have experience performing both Echocardiography and Vascular Ultrasound. This position will support three different office locations (Dallas, Plano and Rockwall) and is required travel to and between those locations throughout the week (Monday-Friday).
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures which will include echocardiography and
various vascular exams.
- Prepare necessary equipment for procedures.
- Proper operation of equipment and performance of all ultrasound studies.
- Ensure that all patient studies are reviewed for accuracy and quality before assigning
report to reading physician
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Adhere to compliance policies and procedures. Report any incident that appears
unusual/deficient to department supervisor/manager or the compliance department.
- Utilize and enter data in to EMR systems.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and
maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional training beyond high school
required. Vascular registered or Vascular registry eligible. Vascular registry required within six months of employment.
Licenses & Certification:
- Maintain current BLS, CPR, First Aid or other certifications required of position.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, automobile liability insurance, and driving record acceptable to
- Minimum one year of experience with Echocardiography and Vascular Ultrasound.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive between office locations daily.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office suite
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance, Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Travel: Required to drive throughout designated area utilizing personal vehicle up to 80% of the time.
Reliable transportation required.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.