Job Title: Revenue Cycle Manager
Req No.: 018
Location: Dallas, TX
Description: The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the billing process and to provide leadership to the billing department. This includes having an exact knowledge of service fees, reimbursements from insurance companies, and write-off percentages of the companies. This role directs the posting of invoices and collection of fees owed. This process involves specific communications with providers, insurance companies, state agencies and patients. It involves familiarity with the medical industry, codes and specific medical records databases.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as liaison between billing staff, clinic providers, and our management team.
- Acts as a resource to all departments regarding billing questions and concerns.
- Meets billing operational standards by contributing billing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; identifying billing system improvements.
- Researches, negotiates with, and creates contracts with new and existing insurance companies. Monitors successful contractual compliance.
- Meets billing financial standards by providing annual billing budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Approves and monitors billing expenses.
- Understands current regulations and keeps up to date on all changes as they relate to all 3rd party payers and other compliance criteria.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Works with the entire billing team to submit timely and accurate claims for reimbursement.
- Ensures that payments are posted as they are received.
- Ensures that follow-up and collections on accounts with outstanding receivables are completed timely.
- Attends required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplishes departmental human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists with special projects including the onboarding of new clients, and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 5 years’ revenue cycle experience.
- 2+ years’ management experience.
- Communicates effectively with all internal and external clients.
- Ability to handle high volume and stressful situation in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to create department objectives and direct others to achieve those goals.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism with a commitment to client/patient satisfaction.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Electronic Medical Record and Practice Management Systems
including eClinical Works
Supervisory Responsibility: Billing and Credentialing departments staff and supervisors.