Payment Poster in Dallas, TX
FLSA Class: Non exempt
Department: Revenue Cycle Management
Job Category: Administration
Reports to: Payment Posting Supervisor
Summary Description: This position involves maintaining complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials. Analyze EOBs (Explanation of Benefits), balancing insurance and patient payments; perform adjustments and credits as needed.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual posting of all insurance and patient payments.
- Balancing daily posting figures.
- Read and understand various types of EOBs.
- Review EOBs to ensure proper payments were received.
- Review payments and compare to client fee schedules; escalate variances to supervisor.
- Document client trends and issues and communicate these to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Some college credits, computer/data entry courses preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Medical Billing/Payment Posting experience.
- Coding and Payment Posting experience a must.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle high volume and stressful situation in a calm and professional manner.
- Has the ability to set priorities and work independently while maintaining a high degree of
- Excellent keyboard and calculator skills.
- Very proficient in operating a PC.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts
in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions,
responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
- Quality - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.