FLSA Class: Exempt
Department: Practice Management
Job Category: Administration
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Summary Description: Supports client operations and practice staff. Communicates with corporate departments and clients to ensure maintenance of efficient practice site operations. Provides a high‐level of customer service to establish and enhance positive relationships with clients, co‐workers, patients and others.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with the interdisciplinary departments of the organization to ensure all clients are being supported and performing at or above their goals.
- Meets with Practice Administrator/Manager and physicians monthly to discuss operational concerns and issues. Works with corporate team and client to resolve all outstanding matters timely and efficiently.
- Supports all other tasks required by the Practice Manager or physicians.
- Supports daily office operations of clients with support from corporate departments. Escalates client concerns to the appropriate department leaders as appropriate to ensure client needs are being met in a
- Assists Practice Manager or physician with development and implementation of short‐ and long‐term work plans.
- Assists Practice Manager in understanding/implementing clinic policies and procedures.
- Supports Practice Manager in establishing deadlines for work assignment and completion. Monitors work status and progress.
- Assists with supervision of practice‐based staff as requested.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Understands and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years of work experience, with increased responsibility, in a healthcare related field.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Drives throughout designated area utilizing personal transportation.
- Reliable transportation. Valid Texas driver’s license, automobile liability insurance, and driving record acceptable to company.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience implementing EMR/PM software, including hands-on training.
Supervisory Responsibility: Provides oversight of practice-based employees as needed.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance, Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Frequent travel is expected of this position. Required to drive between the two or more office locations. Reliable transportation required along with valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.