Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX
Req No.: 2021-008
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Job Category: Management
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Description: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for organizational development, policies and programs covering employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, knowledge management, employee relations, recruiting and retention, and compliance with all applicable
federal, state and local laws.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leading day-to-day payroll administration, including bi-monthly payroll processing, collecting timesheets, and acting as initial contact for inquiries and issues related to payroll.
- Organizing, managing, coordinating, and directing the operations and functions of personnel.
- Assisting with the coordination of the personnel recruitment, including selection, appointment process, and preparing reports.
- Ascertain recruitment requirements by evaluating organizational development plans.
- Confer with management to identify recruiting needs.
- Develop effective recruiting plans and strategies.
- Assess assigned positions to develop job descriptions and job candidate profiles.
- Review and clarify job specifications, competencies and skills required.
- Maintain recruiting metrics (cost per hire etc.).
- Keep current with sourcing strategies and industry trends.
- Conducting investigations and research into reclassification, classification and criteria advancement submissions and preparing appraisal reports of employees.
- Identifying, reviewing, and advising on tasks related to the recruitment process and employment strategies to meet human resources requirements.
- Undertaking quality checks of selection and recruitment processes and reports; liaising with Corporate Recruiter and management to ensure effective meeting of guidelines and standards.
- Interpreting, assisting and advising employees and managers regarding benefit administration and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Supporting in completion of job application materials and documents, and preparation of employment interviews and tests.
- Performing or supervising payroll processing, developing, and implementing procedures and applications.
- Establishing, organizing and supervising the maintenance of department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Preparing, reviewing, interpreting, analyzing and approving a variety of data, information and reports, and making recommendations depending on findings.
- Conducting with and advising management and supervising human resource issues; investigating human resource related problems and making recommendations to the organization.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplishes departmental human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation
actions; adhering to and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in human resource management or a related field.
- Experience working in Healthcare is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations, OSHA and workers’ compensation reporting laws and requirements.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication, including good negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to motivate and empower others to reach organizational goals.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive employee information and maintain confidentiality
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Drives throughout designated area utilizing personal transportation.
- Reliable transportation. Valid Texas Driver’s License, automobile liability insurance, and driving record acceptable to company.
Licenses & Certifications:
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
- Knowledge and experience with HRIS software and ATS and payroll systems.
Supervisory Responsibility: HR Team
Communications: Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps
others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own
actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
Planning & Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to
excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Use of Technology: Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office and/or clinical environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Occasional travel is expected of this position. Required to drive throughout designated area utilizing personal vehicle. Reliable transportation required.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any
other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.