Job Title: Practice Manager
Req No.: 038
Location: Garland, TX
Description: Coordinate with 99MGMT human resources, revenue cycle management, and the implementation of 99MGMT systems in order to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the practice while providing an exceptional standard of care to patients.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with 99 MGMT to develop and implement performance goals and objectives for the practice.
- Assist 99 MGMT with implementation and development of long-range plans.
- Manages front office operations to maximize patient satisfaction, patient access, maintenance of medical records, verification of benefits, timely and accurate charge entry, collection of payments (TOS) and customer service efforts.
- Coordinates scheduling operations of practice to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Supervises medical, nursing and clerical staff to ensure adequate coverage for quality patient care.
- Monitors payroll system to control time management in coordination with 99 MGMT.
- Approves payroll prior to processing and manages payroll budget for overtime expenses.
- Approves all clinic paid time off (PTO) and absences. Coordinates tracking of absences with 99 MGMT.
- Ensures and maintains environment to comply with regulatory, licensure, compliance and
- Serves as the first point of contact for patient and external customer complaints.
- Responsible to reconcile and investigate all complaints relating to practice operations.
- Provide oversight of billing services including credentialing, A/R, charges, denials, etc.
- Ensure implementation of standard practice policies and training of all practice staff to these policies and procedures.
- Implement and adhere to standards, goals and key metrics for average length of appointment, standards of care, and availability for timely follow up appointments, viability metrics and budget.
- Establish and adhere to front desk scripts for patient responsibility, pre-authorization of services, appointment confirmation and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for managing and approving all practice expenses and adhering to annually prepared budget.
- Responsible for Meaningful Use and PQRS annual readiness with support from 99 MGMT.
- May need to perform staff duties and responsibilities as volume and staffing demands dictate.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplishes departmental human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and work experience required.
- Accredited training in business or medical practice management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 5-7 years of medical office experience.
- 3 years supervisory/management experience in a medical office setting.
- Demonstrate business, analytical and financial skills.
- Microsoft Office suite
- EMR medical software