Job Title: Medical Office Coordinator
Job ID: 27002695
Location: Frisco, TX
Summary Description: Coordinate with 99MGMT human resources, revenue cycle management, and the implementation of 99MGMT systems in order to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the practice, and provide an exceptional standard of care to patients.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with 99MGMT to develop and implement performance goals and objectives for the practice.
- Assist 99MGMT with implementation and development of long-range plans.
- Manages front office operations to maximize patient satisfaction, patient access, maintenance of medical records, verification of benefits, timely and accurate charge entry, collection of payments (TOS) and customer service efforts.
- Coordinates scheduling operations of practice to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Supervises medical, nursing and clerical staff as applicable, to ensure adequate coverage for quality patient care.
- Monitors payroll system to control time management in coordination with 99MGMT.
- Approves payroll prior to processing and manages payroll budget for overtime expenses.
- As applicable, approves all clinic paid time off (PTO) and absences; coordinates tracking of absences with 99 MGMT.
- Ensures and maintains environment to comply with regulatory, licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements.
- Serves as the first point of contact for patient and external customer complaints.
- Responsible to reconcile and investigate all complaints relating to practice operations.
- Implement and adhere to standards, goals and key metrics for average length of appointment, standards of care, and availability for timely follow up appointments, viability metrics and budget.
- Establish and adhere to front desk scripts for patient responsibility, pre-authorization of services, appointment confirmation and customer satisfaction.
- Accomplishes departmental human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- May need to perform staff duties and responsibilities as volume and staffing demands dictate.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Attend required meetings and participate in training programs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Accredited training in business or medical practice management.
License and Certifications: Maintain current BLS, CPR, First Aid or other certifications required of position.
- 1-2 years of medical office experience, preferably in pain management.
- 1 years supervisory/management experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to coordinate office functions with the assistance of 99MGMT.