Medical Front Office Receptionist
Frisco, TX 75035
Summary Description: The Medical Front Office Receptionist greets patients and manages flow of visitors into the office while maintaining efficiency in a fast-paced environment and providing quality customer service to all patients.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and check-in patients.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments.
- Screens calls with extensive phone volume.
- Notifies medical staff of patients’ arrival.
- Assists patients and family with instructions, directions, and information.
- Directs phone calls and/or leaves messages for very busy medical staff in EMR system.
- Obtain sufficient information for billing: photo id, insurance card, and other medically necessary information to file claims.
- Collects on patient balances and receives co-pays.
- Attends required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Assists with miscellaneous office duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- At least 3 years Electronic Medical Record/Patient Scheduling systems experience.
- Experience in pain management practice preferred but not required.
- Understanding of insurance verification and copays required.
- Knowledge of various medical insurance plans; including co-insurance, deductibles, and out-of-pocket.
- Ability to solve problems possesses sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to set priorities and handle demanding schedules.Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Electronic Medical Record/Patient Scheduling systems.