Field Operations Manager
FLSA Class: Exempt
Department: Client Relations
Job Category: Management
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Summary Description: The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the operational functions of multiple client offices. This includes having an in-depth knowledge Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software and standard clinic operations. This role coordinates and carries out the training and implementation of all EMR systems and the standard operating procedures for the front and back office of a physician practice. This role will be involved in the supervision, coaching and development of client staff. The Field Operations Manager will be integral in providing direction toward the achievement of the short and long term goals of our client’s practices.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of client practices.
- Supervise all clerical, technical, and medical support personnel at assigned client practice locations.
- Participate in the recruitment and staffing decisions for client practices.
- Coordinate and conduct EMR initial implementations.
- Conduct initial training and on-going training as needed.
- Deliver an exceptional client experience by identifying and documenting client needs and issues; answering incoming inquiries, effectively applying problem solving techniques, educating clients and following issues through to their successful resolution.
- Provide consistent, professional and high-quality client support each day.
- Establish procedures to ensure client satisfaction and quality service delivery.
- Implement and maintain quality review program for each client location and review quality results with client regularly.
- Implement and review standard policies and procedures for operation at each client practice location.
- Maintain all practice permits and licenses for assigned client practice locations.
- Communicate and collaborate across teams and departments to help solve issues.
- Escalate client concerns to the appropriate department leaders as appropriate to ensure client needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Accomplishes departmental human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Attend required meetings and participates in training programs as required.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to ensure and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 10 plus years of experience managing a multispecialty clinic.
- 5 plus years of direct EMR experience.
- Project management experience.
- A track record of delivering successful results.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- The ability to set priorities and work independently while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Drives throughout designated area utilizing personal transportation.
- Reliable transportation. Valid Texas Driver’s License, automobile liability insurance, and driving record acceptable to company.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience implementing EMR/PM software, including hands-on training.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise all clerical, technical, and medical support personnel at assigned client practice locations.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance, Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Regular travel is expected of this position. Required to drive throughout designated area utilizing personal vehicle. Reliable transportation required.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.